Saturday 25 February 2017

No serious person will vote for APC – Wike speaking on Rivers re- run


The Rivers state Governor, Nyesom Wike says with the style of All Progressives congress APC leadership in Nigeria, no body in his right sense will vote for the party again


Wike stated that the due to APC’s failed governance style, the party now relied on security agencies and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to rig elections. The governor, who spoke during the PDP campaign for Etche/ Omuma Federal Constituency at Afara, added that despite the illegal collaboration between APC and the Police, the people would not allow the rigging of today’s rerun elections for Etche/ Omuma Federal Constituency.

He explained that while the PDP was campaigning for victory based on its performance, the APC leaders were in Abuja plotting rigging methods with INEC and the Police. He said: “APC has failed Nigeria. Nigeria has collapsed. The only state that is working in Nigeria is Rivers. That is why the APC cannot campaign here.”

“Allow democracy to thrive in Nigeria. You cannot continue to deceive the people. We shall not allow the police and other security agencies hijack electoral materials on Saturday. I live by my promises. In Etche Local Government Area, it is either I have fulfilled my promises or I am fulfilling them. I have completed the Igwuruta-Chokocho road, while the Chokocho- Umuechem-Ozuzu road, Afara-Nihi-Ulakwo and Chokocho-Igbo Etche road are ongoing. The Etche people will continue to enjoy projects from my administration.

“Those who give excuses in Abuja, have no place in Etche. For me, I have gone beyond being a governor. I am now Mr Projects. My attention is on the delivery of quality projects.” Also speaking at the campaign, Senator representing Rivers East Senatorial District, Senator George Sekibo urged the people of Etche to join the Wike revolution by ensuring that PDP wins the Etche/ OmumaFederal Constituency on Saturday.


1 comment:


  1. Such a nice post .. I enjoyed it allot. looking forward to such kinds of articles in future.
    nice post.

    ReplyDelete