Saturday 28 January 2017

What 108 Millionaires Just Taught Me About Money, Success, And Life





Brandon Turner – 

Imagine sitting in a room with 108 millionaires and being able to pick their brains for three days.

What would you ask them?

What would you hope to learn?

This is the exact situation I found myself in last weekend, and the event completely changed my life, as I hope the lessons I learned, and communicate below, will change yours.

I recently joined this small, millionaire-only men's group (called GoBundance) in an effort to level-up my relationships and associate with people smarter and more successful than me.

There is a well-known (and anonymous) quote that goes, “If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room." This event was the "smarter room" I chose to place myself in.

Here's what I learned.
1. Don’t Be the Smartest Guy in the Room

I’ve been investing in real estate for a decade and also have one of the most popular podcasts in iTunes, but I look like a financial toddler next to most of the men in this group, which is exactly where I need to be.

Millionaires don’t seek to surround themselves with people who make them feel superior. They continually seek out people who are far more successful -- in numerous categories.

    Want to get more in-shape? Go talk to the black belt who owns three karate studios.
    Want to become better at raising private capital? Go talk to the VC worth over $100,000,000.
    Need help with your marriage? Talk to the guy who’s been happily married for 47 years.

Millionaires surround themselves with people they can strive to become more like, in every aspect of life.
2. Wealth is More Than Money

If there is one theme that runs through every member of this millionaire tribe it’s this: Wealth is more than money.

Source: Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment